In any business a large portion of sales will come from referrals; in the wedding business they are many times responsible for more than half of total sales. When you get a client/customer through a referral they are already motivated to buy from you which by default, should make your sale much easier.
Alexandra Levit writes about the importance in creating a system for gaining referrals in her blog review of John Jantsch’s book, The Referral Engine: Teaching Your Business to Market Itself. John book suggests making referrals an automatic habit for your customers by equipping them with tools that allow them to introduce you and your products and services in logical ways.
- Personalized referral cards that credit your customer with sending a lead
- Gift certificates with tangible value that a customer can simply hand out
- Trial offers and free evaluations only available through customer referrals
- Customer-exclusive “bring a friend” events
- Personalized web pages that customers can use to educate prospects
How do you facilitate customer referrals to your organization?